What are the ingredients for a?
In order to provide a great workplace culture, you need to give employees the best possible employee experience.
Employee Experience covers the life cycle of every employee’s interaction with your business, from when they first apply to jobs you advertise up to what type of brand ambassador they are once they leave. What they observe, feel and perceive through their entire employee journey.
Drivers of a great employee experience include:
The culture, mission or purpose and values of your business
Positive work environment
Learning and Development
Reward and recognition
Workology Co can assist you in identifying if and where there are gaps in the drivers of a great employee experience within your business.
Workology Co can assist you in identifying where any gaps might be in the culture you have now and work with you to close those gaps so you can move towards a great workplace culture.
- Assistance to draft and and implement action plans based on recommendations identified from the Cultural Health Check and/or Focus Groups report
- Working with you to identify and articulate your organisational values, mission, and purpose
- Coaching managers to provide role clarification, draft KPIs, and/or manage expectations and performance including poor performance and misconduct
- Advice on giving appropriate feedback
- Internal communications assistance, including providing a range of new forms of internal communication (such as intranet forums, lunch and learn, Q & A sessions, live webinars with the boss) and drafting content for your existing channels such as all staff email and newsletters
- Advice and recommendations for employee well-being activities
- Reward & Recognition guidance and alternatives for your consideration
- Building ‘Culture Champions’ (coming soon)
The Next Steps
Book in for a free 30 minute discovery call to start the process.